Seeley’s Bay was created around 1832 with the flooding of the Cranberry Marsh during the building of Rideau Canal. The Bay became a regular stop for the steam wheelers as they travelled up and down the canal. The village was named in 1841 after one of the landholders, Justus Seeley. By 1851, a stagecoach travelled through the village three times per week, carrying passengers and mail north from Kingston to Perth to Smiths Falls. Easily accessible today by car or boat, travellers continue to visit Seeley’s Bay, enjoying the town’s charm and facilities.
Seeleys Bay Public Dock in the Township of Leeds and the Thousand Islands has 30 slips for public docking, overnight and seasonal rates (up to 60′). Services include hydro, adequate depth for vessels of all sizes, public park nearby with playground and washrooms. GPS Waypoint – Latitude N 44°28.728′ Longitude W 76°14.233