Holy Trinity Anglican Church is an active Christian Community with numerous educational and ministry opportunties for people of all ages. Sunday Service is at 10:30 am. Visit MerrickvilleAnglicans.org for more information.
The oldest surviving church in Ottawa, officially recognized as a National Historic Site. Today the majestic interior is as striking to the visitor as it was 100 years ago. Visit NotreDameOttawa.com for information.
W.T. Thomas designed this handsome Gothic Revival church. Its steeple, limestone construction, wide front stairs and double doors with huge hinges and carved cinquefoils provide a welcome change in scale from the office buildings lining the street.
This massive Lowertown landmark was designed by Ottawa architect J.R. Bowes, originally to serve the area's Irish residents. The limestone exterior design, laid in random courses reminiscent of medieval Ireland, is Romanesque Revival in style.
This historic limestone building is noted for its architecture, its Tiffany & Hobbs stained glass windows and the needlework kneelers that present its history. All are welcome. Open for guided tours throughout the summer.
St. Mary's Cathedral was built between 1842 and 1848, primarily by volunteers using limestone quarried on the site. It is about 200 feet long and 230 feet from the ground to the tip of the cross. The towers were constructed between 1889 and 1892.
Augustus Laver, an architect of the Parliament Buildings, designed this Gothic Revival building. Enlarged by a chancel and sacristy in 1885 and a taller spire in 1893, it is the former city of Ottawa's oldest Anglophone Catholic Church.
St. Paul's Churchyard has been a graveyard since approximately 1790 and contains the graves of many of Kingston's original English families, including the Stuarts, the Cartwrights and the descendants of Molly Brant.
This city landmark was constructed in 1852 and is home to one of Upper Canada's first Methodist congregations. Inside, two brass plaques mark the seating of Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip during their visit in 1959.
The congregation for what is now Trinity United Church started in 1832 as the Methodist Church. This interesting brick and stone structure was officially opened in 1886. The church was named Trinity United Church in 1941.